The Austroads Guide to Road Safety examines road crash costs and road agencies’ duty of care to provide safe travel.
The advantages and disadvantages of different ways of measuring road safety are discussed, and these methods are used to illustrate progress in road safety in Austroads’ member jurisdictions in recent years.
The Safe System approach as the guiding principle for road safety management is explained, along with the merits of an evidence-based approach to selected road safety countermeasures.
The Guide to Road Safety is published in 10 parts:
- Part 1: Road Safety Overview
- Part 2: Road Safety Strategy and Evaluation
- Part 3: Speed Limits and Speed Management
- Part 4: Local Government and Community Road Safety
- Part 5: Road Safety for Rural and Remote Areas
- Part 6: Managing Road Safety Audits
- Part 6A: Implementing Road Safety Audits
- Part 7: Road Network Crash Risk Assessment and Management
- Part 8: Treatment of Crash Locations
- Part 9: Roadside Hazard Management