This project will develop a white paper recommending specific changes to the Telecommunications Act 1997 (Cwth) and related statutory instruments, which will balance the telecommunications carriers and road authorities networks' powers and obligations to ensure public safety, road utility and continued telecommunication infrastructure delivery.
- Detailed matrix of state Road Authority legislation and key local road legislation nationally and how the Telecommunications Act 1997 (Cwth) impacts the powers of the road authorities.
- Overview report of power and obligation models for managing telecommunications in roads in United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand and select states in the United States of America.
- Scoping and prioritisation report of changes needed to the Telecommunications Act 1997 (Cwth) to better enable road authorities to provide safe transport corridors and meet transparency, accountability and service obligations to the public.
- Consultation Report demonstrating how stakeholder perspectives are incorporated into the final White Paper draft. Note: each state's jurisdictions need to identify impacted technical, corridor and utilities management areas. These areas must be consulted to ensure the impacts of changes are scoped and clearly understood.
- Advocacy and Media Plan.
- Draft Communications for Advocacy and Media Releases.
- Brief to Austroads Board.
- White Paper.
- Develop and deliver webinar for key stakeholders.
Closing date: Wednesday, 26 September 2018, 5PM EST