- Publication no: AP-R610-20
- ISBN: 978-1-925854-88-6
- Published: 21 January 2020
This report documents a review of recent Austroads research reports for potential impact on the Guide to Road Design.
Thirty reports were reviewed, and the Road Design Task Force determined the application of recommendations and their inclusion in the Guide to Road Design.
The report also highlights possible amendments to the Guide to Traffic Management.
To assist in incorporating research into the Guides, a procedure has been developed for Task Forces, that outlines the process from inception of the research project to amending the Guide. This process enables a consistent method to be followed and outcomes of research to be brought into practice in a timely manner.
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Research Reports
- 1.2 Methodology
- 2. Findings
- 3. Review of the Road Safety Research Reports
- 4. Process for Incorporating Practice Amendments into Guides
- 4.1 Background
- 4.2 The Process
- 5. Conclusion
- Appendix A Motorcyclist Casualties – Suggested Amendments
- Appendix B Road Design for Heavy Vehicles – Suggested Amendments
- Appendix C Road Geometry Study for Improved Rural Safety – Suggested Amendments
- Appendix D Safe System Practice Amendments to the Guide to Road Design – Suggested Amendments