- Publication no: AGRT03-18
- ISBN: 978-1-925671-67-4
- Published: 30 July 2018
- Edition: 2
Guide to Road Tunnels Part 3 provides guidance on the management of the operation and maintenance aspects of road tunnels, including the factors to be considered in setting appropriate performance standards. Guidance is provided on stakeholder engagement relevant to the operation and maintenance of the tunnel, including the establishment of protocols required to ensure effective coordination, inspection and reporting, risk analysis, organisational framework, traffic management, incident management, maintenance requirements, asset management, human factors, training and environment.
Amendments to this edition are:
- Minor editorial amendments throughout the Part
- Sections 1 and 2 restructured.
- Section 2.1 (previously Section 1.5) additional information.
- Section 2.3: Tunnel Inspections and Reporting – new section.
- Section 2.4: Risk Analysis – additional information.
- Section 2.5.6: An Integrated Approach to Tunnel Safety – new section.
- Section 3.4.1: Incident Management, General - additional information
- Section 4.2: Methodology – additional information.
- Section 5.2: Abnormal Conditions, Motorists – additional information.
- Section 5.3.3: Communication during incidents – additional information.
- Section 5.3.4: Evacuation behaviour – new section.
- Section 6.4: Tunnel Users – new section.