Date: Thursday, 29 August 2019
Location: Online, 1:00pm AEST
This webinar will give you an overview of the new Guide to Road Tunnels Part 4: Retrofitting Tunnels and the requirements for developing a project to upgrade a road tunnel or its components.
Guide to Road Tunnels Part 4 provides guidance on the retrofitting of existing tunnels, including the need for refurbishment, the types of refurbishment and processes for developing project requirements.
You’ll learn about:
- why a retrofitting project may be required for a tunnel
- the types of retrofitting projects
- the process of developing a retrofitting project
- acceptable standards for retrofitting
- retrofitting or refurbishing individual components of the tunnel or tunnel systems
- achieving energy efficiency in tunnel construction and operation by adopting appropriate solutions
- case studies on the M2 Norfolk Twin Tunnels NSW and the refurbishment of the Terrace Tunnel, New Zealand.
The webinar will be beneficial if you deal with the management of existing tunnels and are responsible for their operation and maintenance ensuring the safety of operations.
Join in a live Q&A with our presenter to have your questions answered.
Presented by Les Louis
Les Louis is the principal author of the Guide to Road Tunnels Part 4, following on from the development and revisions of Parts 1 – 3. He has had a lifetime of experience in highway engineering and in developing manuals and technical guides. Les has also contributed to other Austroads Guides.
No charge but registration is essential.
Can’t make the live session? Register and we’ll send you a link to the recording.