- Publication no: WEB-R596-19
- Published: 5 March 2019
This webinar, presented on 5 March 2019, provides an overview of the benefits associated with passing lanes for guidance for practitioners.
- safety impacts of passing lanes, particularly statistics on crash rate reductions, speed and headway, and overtaking behaviour
- operational impacts of passing lanes on average speed and per cent time spent following (PTSF)
- road user perception of passing lane impacts and valuation of level-of-service (LOS)
- findings of the Austroads project.
The webinar was presented by Dr Ian Espada and Dr Chris Stokes.
The presentation slides can be downloaded from the supporting documents tab after logging in.