- Publication no: TTM11-IC-Jul19
- Published: 29 July 2019
Austroads has released the Guide to Temporary Traffic Management Part 11: Supporting Guidance, for industry consultation.
This new Guide will, once completed, provide comprehensive national guidance for all practitioners operating in Temporary Traffic Management.
Part 11: Supporting Guidance provides information on a range of topics to support the information contained within the other parts of this AGTTM. The information included covers, risk management processes, inspection and review of worksites, events and emergency/unplanned works.
The industry comment period closes on Friday 16 August 2019.
Comments must be submitted using the document review template (Word doc). Please submit your comments on the WORD template and save your organisation name in the file name. Comments provided on any other format may not be considered. Please do not provide PDF versions of the comment template.
The guides are intended to replace the relevant material currently contained in Australian Standard AS1742.3 and associated State and Territory documents. The material is also intended to reflect practices to be applied in New Zealand but due to differences in signage practices may require additional supporting documentation in New Zealand.
If you have any queries regarding this industry consultation, please email the Austroads Safety at Road Worksites Project Manager Dan Sullivan at email@example.com.
This draft has been released following extensive input from a Working Group comprising all Austroads Member Authorities and a range of industry stakeholders.
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Notes for Industry Consultation (Temporary Section)
- 1.2 Purpose
- 1.3 Structure of AGTTM
- 1.4 Scope of Part 11
- 1.5 Definitions
- 2. Risk Management for TTM
- 2.1 General
- 2.2 Overview
- 2.3 Application to temporary traffic management at work sites on roads
- 2.4 Elements of best practice
- 2.4.1 A model risk management process
- 2.4.2 Step 1 – Determine the Site Risk Rating for planning of temporary traffic management
- 2.4.3 Step 2 – Determine the Required Level of Planning
- 2.4.4 Step 3 – Consider Risk at the Work Site
- 2.4.5 Step 4 – Consider Risk Control Measures
- 2.4.6 Step 5 – Decide Risk Controls
- 2.4.7 Documentation of risks
- 3. Review and Inspection
- 3.1 General
- 3.2 Application to temporary traffic management at road work sites
- 3.3 Elements of best practice
- 3.3.1 Suitability reviews
- 3.3.2 Compliance safety inspections
- 3.3.3 Road safety audits / inspections
- 4. Events on Roads
- 4.1 General
- 4.2 Principles
- 4.3 The Event TMP
- 4.4 Event Traffic Marshalls
- 4.5 Event traffic management signage
- 4.6 Risk factors for events
- 5. Emergency and unplanned works
- 5.1 General
- 5.2 Initial response
- 5.3 Interim response
- 5.4 Follow up protection
- Appendix A Compliance and audit checklist
- A.1 Daily work site operating checklist
- A.2 Compliance safety inspection checklist