- Publication no: TTM03-IC-Jul19
- Published: 29 July 2019
Austroads has released the Guide to Temporary Traffic Management Part 3: Process and Guidance for Additional Devices, for industry consultation.
This new Guide will, once completed, provide comprehensive national guidance for all practitioners operating in Temporary Traffic Management.
Part 3 Process and Guidance for Additional Devices has been developed to allow consideration of new and innovative devices which do not currently exist in the other parts of this AGTTM, AS1742.3 or the NZ CoPTTM. This allows road agencies to coordinate trials and device consideration. Future versions of Part 3 will also contain details of devices that have been assessed and are considered suitable for use at Temporary Traffic Management sites in Australia and New Zealand.
The industry comment period closes on Friday 16 August 2019.
Comments must be submitted using the document review template (Word doc). Please submit your comments on the WORD template and save your organisation name in the file name. Comments provided on any other format may not be considered. Please do not provide PDF versions of the comment template.
The guides are intended to replace the relevant material currently contained in Australian Standard AS1742.3 and associated State and Territory documents. The material is also intended to reflect practices to be applied in New Zealand but due to differences in signage practices may require additional supporting documentation in New Zealand.
If you have any queries regarding this industry consultation, please email the Austroads Safety at Road Worksites Project Manager Dan Sullivan at email@example.com.
This draft has been released following extensive input from a Working Group comprising all Austroads Member Authorities and a range of industry stakeholders.
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Notes for Industry Consultation (Temporary Section)
- 1.2 Purpose
- 1.3 Structure of AGTTM
- 1.4 Scope and Purpose of AGTTM Part 3
- 1.5 Definitions
- 2. Assessment process for a new device
- 2.1 Overview
- 2.2 Assessment stages
- 2.2.1 Overview
- 2.2.2 Stage 1 – Preliminary Assessment of a Device or Process
- 2.2.3 Stage 2 – Detailed assessment of a Device or Process
- 2.2.4 Stage 3 – Trial and evaluation of a Device or Process
- 2.2.5 Stage 4 – Acceptance of a Device or Process
- 2.2.6 Stage 5 –Review of an Assessed Device or Process
- 2.3 Including a New Device or Process Specification into Australian Standards
- 3. Fees associated with the Austroads Temporary Device Assessment Scheme (ATDAS)
- 4. Appeal Process
- 5. Contacts
- Appendix A Form: Request for an Assessment
- Appendix B Example of the Assessment Process