- Publication no: AP-T223-12
- ISBN: 978-1-921991-65-3
- Published: 20 December 2012
This report clarified the logical architecture required to facilitate the implementation of ‘plug-in’ traffic control software, as an alternative to the control algorithm in the current controller software. The key functional requirements of an interface between the Traffic Control Software and the Control Module Software were also compiled in this report.
Austroads has undertaken a series of research projects since February 2008 for the development of a new generation of traffic signal controllers aimed to continue the work required to encourage the industry developing a prototype for the AATSC, and undertake further work in the specification of functional requirements in the AATSC architecture.
- 1. INTRODUCTION
- 2. ROADMAP FOR DEVELOPING THE AUSTRALIAN ADVANCED TRAFFIC SIGNAL CONTROLLER (AATSC)
- 2.1. Background
- 2.2. Roadmap Ahead
- 3. FUNCTIONAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACE (API)
- 4. CONCLUSIONS
- APPENDIX A LIST OF ABBREVIATIONS