Temporary traffic management
- Publication no: AGTTM-SET
- Published: 10 December 2019
The 10 parts of the Guide to Temporary Traffic Management details contemporary temporary traffic management practice for application in Australia and New Zealand. It provides guidance for the planning, design and implementation of safe, economical and efficient temporary traffic management designs. This Guide recognises the level of variability of the road environments for which guidance is provided. The guidance provided in AGTTM is intended to encourage a consistent level of planning that supports the streamlined safe progress of work. It applies to all works on roads and near roads, in addition to off road development and other activities that interact with and impact on the road environment.
AGTTM has been developed based on best practice temporary traffic management practice in Australia and New Zealand, to assist road authorities to meet their existing legislative responsibilities for workplace and public safety.
The AGTTM comprises:
- Part 1: Introduction (PDF)
- Part 2: Traffic Management Planning (PDF)
- Part 3: Static Worksites (PDF)
- Part 4: Mobile Works (PDF)
- Part 5: Short Term Low Impact Worksites (PDF)
- Part 6: Field Staff – Implementation and Operation (PDF)
- Part 7: Traffic Controllers (PDF)
- Part 8: Processes and Procedures (PDF)
- Part 9: Sample Layouts (PDF)
- Part 10: Supporting Guidance (PDF)