Improving Fleet Safety: Guidance Material for Moving Towards Best Practice
- Publication no: AP-R320-08
- ISBN: 978-1-921329-61-6
- Published: 10 July 2008
This report provides guidance material for the transition to best practice and accompanies the Improving Fleet Safety Current Approaches and Best Practice Guidelines report. Both reports were prepared by the Centre for Accident Research and Road Safety Queensland as part of Austroads project SS1026 Review of Safety Practices Used by Commercial Vehicle Purchasers. The aims of this project were to undertake a review and evaluation of the safety practices including, but not limited to, purchasing, safety programs, driver training and safety monitoring used by enterprises using vehicles for commercial purposes. This covers vehicles ranging from passenger cars, to light commercial vehicles through to heavy vehicles; and develop best practice safety guidelines for enterprises and fleet managers including developing guidance material to assist fleet operators manage the transition to best practice.
- AP-R320/08 Improving Fleet Safety â€“ Guidance Material for Moving Towards Best Practice
- 1. INTRODUCTION
- 1.1. Structure of the guidance material
- 2. WHERE ARE YOU NOW?
- 3. IDENTIFYING YOUR SAFETY RISKS
- 4. WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
- 5. IDENTIFYING BARRIERS AND POTENTIAL SOLUTIONS
- 6. IMPROVING ORGANISATIONAL MANAGEMENT
- 7. IMPROVING VEHICLE MANAGEMENT
- 8. IMPROVING DRIVER MANAGEMENT