- Publication no: AGPT-T192-15
- Published: 30 January 2015
This test method sets out the procedure for the determination of viscosity of binders recovered from RAP source materials, as well as of virgin binders and rejuvenators. The viscosity is determined under specific conditions of oscillation loading, using a commercial DSR device suitable to conduct testing of asphalt binders.
Testing is performed to characterise the viscosity of the RAP binder under the following standard conditions: a temperature of 60 °C, an oscillation rate of 1 rad/s and a strain amplitude of 0.1. The viscosity results obtained through this method can be used in the design of binder blends containing RAP binder, virgin binder and/or rejuvenator to a specified viscosity.
- 1. References
- 2. General
- 3. Equipment
- 3.1. Verification of DSR
- 3.2. Preparation of Apparatus
- 4. Sample Preparation
- 4.1. Sample Handling Precaution
- 4.2. Binder Recovery from RAP Source Material
- 4.3. Preparation of the Binder Sample for DSR Testing
- 5. Measurement of Complex Viscosity
- 6. Test Report
- Amendment Record