- Publication no: AGBT-SET
- Published: 6 June 2019
The eight parts of the Guide to Bridge Technology provide guidance to bridge owners and agencies on issues related to bridge ownership, design procurement, vehicle and pedestrian accessibility, and bridge maintenance and management.
The Guide provides a step-by-step approach to bridge construction, discusses past learnings, and details the planning process, common building materials, bridge designs and issues to consider at the design stage. It also includes the management and ongoing maintenance of completed structures and the use and application of Australian and New Zealand bridge design standards.
The Guide to Bridge Technology comprises:
- Part 1: Introduction and Bridge Performance (PDF | Online)
- Part 2: Materials (PDF | Online)
- Part 3: Typical Superstructures, Substructures and Components (PDF | Online)
- Part 4: Design Procurement and Concept Design (PDF | Online)
- Part 5: Structural Drafting (PDF | Online)
- Part 6: Bridge Construction (PDF | Online)
- Part 7: Maintenance and Management of Existing Bridges (PDF | Online)
- Part 8: Hydraulic Design of Waterway Structures (PDF | Online)