- Publication no: WEB-R568-18
- Published: 25 July 2018
This webinar, presented on 25 July 2018, outlines the impact of BIM technology on location referencing and the proposed new theoretical framework to develop a National Location Reference Hub.
- importance of critical business models for Austroads asset management harmonisation
- interpretations of location, location reference methods (LRM) and location reference systems (LRS)
- roles of the LRM families
- significance of routable networks and the implications of dynamic location reference standards from intelligent transportation systems (ITS) on static asset management
- potential for development using open systems and principals-IFC, Semantic Web, OpenLR
- role that a National Hub could play in future management of road asset network infrastructure.
The webinar was presented by Dr Russell Kenley and Dr Richard Yeo.