- Publication no: AP-T269-14
- ISBN: 978-1-925037-77-7
- Published: 10 July 2014
Australian and New Zealand road agencies, as well as transport agencies in the United States have indicated that there is a strong desire for standardised accuracy reporting methods, data interoperability and management, control or check requirements and procedures for mobile LiDAR surveys.
This document provides examples of mobile LiDAR survey requirements from several road agencies. It addresses requirements for positioning accuracy, point density, multiple passes, control & validation points and deliverables and documentation.
The intention is to provide a useful guide in specifying mobile LiDAR procurement documents and serve as a starting point for a future Austroads guide for mobile LiDAR scanning.
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1. Background
- 1.2. Issue
- 1.3. Purpose
- 1.4. Scope
- 2. Mobile LiDAR Surveys
- 2.1. Applications of Mobile LiDAR Technology
- 2.2. Types of mobile LiDAR Surveys
- 3. Positioning Accuracy
- 3.1. Network and Local Accuracy
- 3.2. Accuracy Reporting and Testing Standards
- 3.3. Maximum Range
- 3.4. Accuracy Values
- 4. Point Density
- 5. Multiple Passes
- 6. Control and Validation Points
- 7. Deliverables and Documentation