1.2.3 Asset management policy
The asset management policy provides the impetus for setting asset management objectives. It demonstrates the alignment of the asset management system with the organisational strategic plan. The policy can outline the:
- organisation’s vision and goals for asset management
- organisational context and importance of asset management
- legal and statutory requirements
- asset management responsibilities and relationships
- integration of asset management into the organisation’s mission and vision, and with other corporate business processes.