- Publication no: AP-C93-15
- Published: 3 July 2015
In June 2015 the Australian Bicycle Council published the National Cycling Strategy Implementation Report 2014which outlines the progress made on the National Cycling Strategy in 2014.
In this, the fourth year of the National Cycling Strategy 2011-16:?
- Australian states and territories invested $112.8 million in cycling related infrastructure, education and promotion in 2013-14.
- Bicycles outsold cars for the 15th year running with over 1.3 million bicycles sold in the 2013-14 year.
- The National Road Safety Action Plan for 2015-17 focused heavily on the safety of vulnerable road users.
- Level of Service Metrics, National Guidelines for Transport Systems Management and other projects integrated bicycle transport considerations.
- The NSW Government released a Cycling Safety Action Plan for 2014-16.
- The Queensland Government announced measures that will be taken in response to its parliamentary inquiry.
- South Australia conducted a Citizen's Jury to ask how cars and bicycles can share the road safely.
- The Western Australian government released a \"Share Our Roads\" campaign.
- Tasmania and Queensland launched campaigns to encourage motorists to stay wider of the rider.
- Northern Territory held an open day at Parap Road Safety Centre.
- The ACT conducted a Vulnerable Road User inquiry.