Knowledge of pavement technology is of critical importance for Australian and New Zealand transport agencies.
Austroads, state road authorities, local government and industry have amassed extensive knowledge related to pavement technologies and techniques.
The Austroads Guide to Pavement Technology assembles this knowledge into an authoritative publication.
It has been designed for practitioners and students seeking to learn more about the fundamental concepts, principles, issues and procedures associated with pavement technology.
The Guide is comprised of:
- Part 1: Introduction to Pavement Technology
- Part 2: Pavement Structural Design
- Part 3: Pavement Surfacings
- Part 4: Pavement Materials
- Part 4A: Granular Base and Sub Base Materials
- Part 4B: Asphalt
- Part 4C: Materials for Concrete Road Pavements
- Part 4D: Stabilised Materials
- Part 4E: Recycled Materials
- Part 4F: Bituminous Binders
- Part 4G: Geotextiles and Geogrids
- Part 4H: Test Methods [Discontinued]
- Part 4I: Earthworks Materials
- Part 4J: Aggregate and Source Rock
- Part 4K: Seals
- Part 4L: Stabilising Binders
- Part 5: Pavement Evaluation and Treatment Design
- Part 6: Unsealed Pavements
- Part 7: Pavement Maintenance
- Part 8: Pavement Construction
- Part 9: Pavement Work Practices [Discontinued]
- Part 10: Subsurface Drainage
Free access from 30 June 2018
From 30 June 2018, the PDFs of all Guides can be downloaded at no charge. Most hard copies have been discontinued.