Austroads is governed by a board, comprising the chief executive, or their nominee, from each member organisation. The board meets at least three times each year and has responsibility for providing clear policy and strategic direction. It also monitors the performance of Austroads against strategic objectives and approves the annual work plan and budget.
The Austroads Directors are:
- Neil Scales (Chair), Director General, Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Shane Gregory (Deputy Chair), General Manager, State Roads, Transport Service Infrastructure Division, Department of State Growth Tasmania
- Adrian Beresford-Wylie, Executive Director, Australian Local Government Association
- Anita Curnow, Executive Director, Access and Operations, VicRoads
- Judith Formston, Manager, Traffic Operations, Heavy Vehicle Access, Policy & Reform, Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure South Australia
- Alexander Foulds, Executive Director, Surface Transport Policy Division, Australian Government Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development
- Brett Gliddon, General Manager, System Design and Delivery, New Zealand Transport Agency
- Ken Kanofski, Chief Executive, Roads and Maritime Services New South Wales
- Louise McCormick, General Manager, Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics Northern Territory
- Emma Thomas, Director General, Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate Australian Capital Territory
- Peter Woronzow, Acting Managing Director, Main Roads Western Australia
The Austroads Board meets three times a year. A Communiqué, which provides an overview of significant items discussed, is published after each meeting.